Sunday 17 May 2009

Article - Photoshop layers explained

At first, I can see how photoshop may seem a little overwhelming with all it's fancy tools etc. but please do not be put off at all! These tools actually are all necessary and are all easy to use once you see how.
In this article, I'll talk to you a bit photoshop layers.

Layers

Layers in my opinion are key to doing anything at all in photoshop. I always use layers with my work since it makes the image SO much easier to edit. Now, if you have never heard of layers and have no idea what they do then don't worry. All will be revealed.

I'll start by explaining to you what the layers are. Layers able the image to be split up and placed (layered) on top of one another. Imagine that you have a piece of paper that is painted red. You then get a clear piece of celophaine and paint a yellow circle in the middle of it. (this would represent the second layer). Then get a third piece of celophaine and paint a little blue square on it. Lie it ontop of your yellow circle (which would represent the top layer). So, you now have three layers yes?







As simple as that,

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I happen to chance upon your blog & would like to ask experts like you if the photos from this site is being photoshopped? If so, can you teach us how to do it? To give the photo a very white and smooth and dreamy feel to it, like the photos here

    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?userid=6217457

    You can email me at beadsoflav@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lavender,
    Unfortunatly the link you posted is broken and doesn't actually show up. I'd love to help you out personally though if I can.
    I have sent you an email so I hope that I can help.
    Thanks,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete